Talk:Peter III's Manifesto Freeing Nobles from Obligatory Service, 1762
Peter III's Emancipation of the Nobility
- Why were nobles originally required to serve the state? What has changed since that time?
- What is the new procedure for leaving state service? What limitations and restrictions still apply?
- What is the significance of foreign travel and service?
- How might this act have been perceived by other non-noble social groups? To what extent can this measure be said to have redefined the relationship between state and society?
- What was expected of retired nobles? What were their continuing obligations?
Context and Analysis
Use this space to provide information shedding further light on the text and its author.
Concerns about the presentation of the text itself should go here. If you make any changes to the text it is understood that you will describe here what you have done and why.